Saturday, August 6, 2016

Short Trip to UK [JULY 2016]

I had an opportunity to visit United Kingdom last July. Well mainly it's actually to attend my brother's graduation at Bristol. But that doesn't stop me from grabbing this opportunity to travel around. 
Took Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to London and overall the journey was pleasant. It's pleasant because I am sitting alone with no one sitting next to me. The only thing that I regretted is to order SEAFOOD only meal. I find the meal is too fishy. Hence, I decided to cancel the seafood meal and took the normal meal on my way back then. The normal meal is better. 
***Surprisingly the meal from London in Malaysia airlines taste better than the one in my home country? I guess it depends on the caterer...***

Boarding A380 for the first time. 

A must try in London - Burger & Lobster. it's not cheap. Around 20 £ per a meal there. Do expect yourself to pay at least 20 £ and above. The meal is inclusive of fries & a signature sauce. 


Me & Big Ben 

Visited the British National Museum  


A visit to Clifton Bridge at Bristol

View from my accommodation at London. Stayed in hostel and the experience was beyond okay. I think living in hostel in London is absolutely fine and most important I met lots of new friends there :) 


Managed to get a nice view near the iconic London Bridge



The first place that I visited in London is their CHINATOWN. LOL. My brother wanted to eat chinese food so much. 


Me in Nottingham Castle

Night view around Piccadilly Circus Tube Station

Visited Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester. I did not know that this stadium has attracted so many tourist especially from MoC. Most of the souvenirs and gifts were sold out in their shop. Would want to watch a live football match sometime soon. 

One of the most beautiful city that I visited in UK is Glasgow & Edinburgh. I really enjoyed the beautiful scenery and history in Scotland. I notice generally the food there are cheaper compare to England. Spend about 4 days in Scotland and I visited quite a lot of places. Did not regret that I decided to travel to Scotland on my own. I would definitely come here again and my next to do list is to visit Scottish Highland! 

A view of Kelvingroove Art Gallery & Musuem, Glasgow


Edinburgh is very beautiful!


Me & Edinburgh Castle


Took this picture from the top of Edinburgh Castle. This castle is a must visit in Edinburgh. I thought of spending about 2 hours here and I ended up spending 4 hours here~ There's so much to see and hear in the castle. There are free tours every 15 minutes in the castle & you can just follow the tour guide and explore the castle. I actually bought a guide book for 5 £. The entrance fee to the castle is about 16.50 £. 

Audio Tours are available to hire in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Mandarin. Adult £3.50, Child £1.50

 On my way walking up to Edinburgh Castle. The journey to Edinburgh Castle is quite steep. It's a good exercise though.  




Took this in the airplane while on my way to Edinburgh

Overall, I enjoyed Scotland the most out of so many places. I wish to explore more places next time!
After visited UK, I am no longer having any interest to shop for highstreet brands in Malaysia. They are so much cheaper in UK. I will consider on what to buy in Malaysia next time. HAHA. Till more to come soon. 

- Peg-





No comments:

Post a Comment